SteveB

"msterspy" wrote in message
I have 3 oak trees in my yard (way in back) that I would like to get
removed. The quoted price is a bout $2000/tree. My neigbor some trees
removed form his property and spent a fortune. The crew was there for
about 4 hours and they took down thre trees in his yard. I'm not sure,
but I'm guessing it cost him about $6000 and they took the big logs to
a saw mill. Is this a resonable price? 25 years ago I had 5 trees
cut down for $500.00 (one day's work). Why is it so damn expensive
now? My salary did't go up by a factor of 10 in 25 years.

Last year, I paid $500 to have an Aleppo pine removed. It was easily 24" in
diameter at the base, maybe more. It was at least 40' high. And they
hauled off the wood, which they probably sold, but I didn't care. They were
done in two days, and ground the stump, too.

Shop around.

Steve