SteveB

wrote in message
anyone know how to make the device that shocks worms out of
theground? you know.... for fishing...lucas

Long ago, they used to "grunt" for worms. Back in the days when bread was a
penny a loaf, and it was two miles by foot to school. (uphill in both
directions)

A person would take two oaken barrel staves. One would be pounded into the
ground until solid. The other would be rasped over the one pounded in the
ground. The resultalt low frequency vibrations would cause the worms to get
nervous (or get a migraine, or whatever) and come up.

I have always wanted to try this, as it would be fun like starting a fire
with sticks. Not much use in today's world, but just a nostalgic visitation
to another time and place.

I had heard of this method when I was a kid. (I'm 56), so it goes back a
ways. And I heard it from more than one relative.

Steve