w_tom

Which means the first thing the Original Poster should do
before trying to solve the problem with grease is check for a
skewed garage door - as was stated in a very first reply.
After all these posts even about torsion bars, nothing useful
was posted - other than the OP should check for a skewed
(unbalanced) door. And perform the inspection with caution.

Duane Bozarth wrote:
I don't know about "most"....I'd grant "many" but have no data on
fraction of total installed base. All the ones I currently have are
not torsion, although have had previously...