Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...
In my puny little world, I think this group is a highlight of the
internet. I can instantly get my house problems analyzed by dozens of
like minded folks, expert to hacks like me, it is just a great place
however--- WHAT I ABSOLUTELY HATE - about the group is this:

Quite often someone posts a benign problem, and a core group of
judgemental fools jump in berating the poster. Some examples:

Post:
How do I soundproof a room?
Answer:
Learn to control your kid

The right answer to that question might be equally annoying to you: The
subject is far too involved for a brief newsgroup answer. Head for your
local library or book store.