Jmagerl

Far Northwest burbs of Chicago: I had 3 hugh oak trees removed for $1200 3
yrs ago. Price depended on whether they had to climb the tree or could get
their cherry picker to it. Cherry picker is cheaper. The picker was able to
reach right over the garage to get one tree, and another he had to drive on
the lawn and did some lawn damage (easily repaired). The 3rd tree was done
from the street. Stump grinding extra. Everyone was insured and bonded.

ALl the wood was left to me to dispose of. In this case I got some good
exercise chopping it up for the fireplace.

"msterspy" wrote in message
I have 3 oak trees in my yard (way in back) that I would like to get
removed. The quoted price is a bout $2000/tree. My neigbor some trees
removed form his property and spent a fortune. The crew was there for
about 4 hours and they took down thre trees in his yard. I'm not sure,
but I'm guessing it cost him about $6000 and they took the big logs to
a saw mill. Is this a resonable price? 25 years ago I had 5 trees
cut down for $500.00 (one day's work). Why is it so damn expensive
now? My salary did't go up by a factor of 10 in 25 years.