Sandy K.

"msterspy" wrote in message
I have 3 oak trees in my yard (way in back) that I would like to get
removed. The quoted price is a bout $2000/tree. My neigbor some trees
removed form his property and spent a fortune. The crew was there for
about 4 hours and they took down thre trees in his yard. I'm not sure,
but I'm guessing it cost him about $6000 and they took the big logs to
a saw mill. Is this a resonable price? 25 years ago I had 5 trees
cut down for $500.00 (one day's work). Why is it so damn expensive
now? My salary did't go up by a factor of 10 in 25 years.

Pricing depends on where you are located. I'm in north/central NJ and was
quoted around $1,200 for a large old oak located on the side of the house.

sandy K.