Steve Pearce

On 21 Apr 2005 12:25:39 -0700, "cheesey_toastie"
wrote:

Firstly what is this small tank for? The water in there seemed 'old'
and had sediment in the tank (which was easily stirred up just by
experimenting with the ball cock). I run all the water in the house
and couldnt make the tank empty as it all came from the huugae cold
water tank next to it. (this tank is about the same size as a toilet
cystern)

Secondly how to I go about adjusting the ball cock level so that it no
longer 'leaks'.

Sounds like it is the header tank for the cental heating. Adjusting
the ballcock usually requires bending the shaft.