Dave Mundt

Greetings and salutations...

On 20 Apr 2005 14:12:15 -0700, wrote:

I am just getting into some metalworking projects, and will be doing a
substantial amount of drilling into steel (using a Delta drill press).
I heard that it is best to use "cutting oil" to facilitate the cut and
to prolong the life of the bits. However, a quick search on the web
shows that prices start at about $14 per gallon. Are there any
alternatives which will do the trick, but not be as costly? How about
motor oil?
please advise,
thanks.

More or less on topic...A friend of mine and I were driving
through some a slightly more rural area North of my house a bit ago.
We drove by a homestead where the house was seriously damaged by
a recent fire.
She started laughing shortly thereafter, not because of
any attitude about the folks there, but, my automatic comment of
"Thank GOD the shop is ok!".
Regards
Dave Mundt