Dave Liquorice

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:14:31 +0100, Newshound wrote:

I reckon these are MUCH more practical than the spotlights

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=010813005

Unless you actually need the spotlight (say, for lamping?) The wider
and relatively uniform flood is better for most things, I find. The
battery is nearly twice the size and 7 watts of fluorescent lasts a
long time.

An interesting device. 7W isn't very much light though, my mains work
light is a 15W 2D CFL, thats OK close up but not wonderful. I guess
you'll get well over 8hrs (a working day...) run time from a fully
charged battery. Next time I'm anywhere near a Machine Mart I'll have
look.

Current favorite as lighting back up is a Gaz lantern. Up to 80W of
light (ie loads) and a run time of several hours on a small cylinder
and of course when the cylinder runs out you just whack another on.
Can't do that with an electric thing unless you faff about maintaining
a stock of fully charged batteries. No maintenance for a cylinder on
the shelf.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail