mike hide

1 1/64" is probably some metric size . Personally selling metric sized tools
under the guise of normal American sizes really ****es me off ,similarly
Books sold here with all the dimensions in metric also does . Seems to me if
they are selling in the US market then they should cater to the US
consumer....mjh
wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought a one inch Sorbey Mortise Chisel. It came with two chipped
corners because they do not protect the cutting edge. The back was not
even close to flat and had a convex belly that took a long time to
flatten. The width is 1-1/64" which seems like it is off a lot since
this is a tool of relatively small size, made of metal and ground when
manufactured. I will try another brand next time.

-Peter