Tom Banes

Default QX - TS Mobile Base

TAP's JTAS 10 XL came with a nice HTC mobile stand (Model HRS10G).
It's a 3 point stand, 2 casters under the saw, one at the end of the
extension table. My problem is that the casters under the saw don't
swivel, so getting it up against the back wall of the garage is a bit
like parallel parking an 18 wheeler.

I'm considering slapping some swiveling casters under the base that is
under the saw so it will roll sideways, not just fore and aft. Has
anybody tried this and if so, how?

If I could replace the 2.5" non-swivel casters with some ball casters
that would support the 400+ pound of the saw and extension tables,
that would also make life easier. Anyone know of a source for real HD
ball casters?

Regards.

Tom