Christian McArdle

Default Electric underfloor heating

Sounds interesting, I'll give it a look.

It looks like it would be too thick. You need 15mm pipe, 18mm plywood and
what looks like about another 15mm of insulation below the pipe. I don't
think I'd get the integrated appliances in under that. I'll measure it up,
though. I can't (i.e. won't) lift the floorboards or get access underneath.

Any idea of how much a suitable system would cost if it does fit? The room
is a galley, 5m by 1.4m, widening for the last metre to 2.6m (I could live
with just heating the central strip, though). What bits would I need,
manifolds, etc?

I'm also worried about how wet heating would work in practice. I only really
intend to use the electric underfloor as a "boost" setting about half an
hour before intending to cook. Would a wet system have a longer response
time, especially with 18mm of ply insulating the tiles from the pipes?

Christian.