Jeff Dantzler

I just bought a rotary hammer sds drill machine.
It comes with a cup of grease, Where are you supposed to use the
grease?
Do you put it on the end of the drill bits where the drill bits enter
the machine?

Short answer: Yes.

The SDS bit will have splines where the "rotary" part of the mechanism
engages the bit to turn it. The back end of the bit gets "hammered"
by a different mechanism. This causes the bit to want to slide out
toward the concrete and it rubs against the splines. Since this is a
wear spot, keep it clean (free of grit) and keep it greased.

I clean and degrease the bits when I'm done and carefully clean the
chuck end of the tool to remove debris whithout pushing any into the
machine.

Great tools, eh? You'll never want to use anything else to drill
concrete again.

Jeff Dantzler