Rusty

wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone have any experience of these lamps?

I bought one yesterday, (£29.99)charged it until the indicator said it
was full and then used it until the battery went flat - approximately
twenty minutes.

They have a 6V 4ah lead acid battery and I think it's running a 55watt
quartz halogen bulb. Anyone know how long it should last on a full
charge?

the obvious answer from the info is that 55w at 6v is 9A so if its rated at
4aH it should last for 4/9 hours = 27 mins. But at 9A current, thats a lot,
and it probably wouldn't deliver so much as 4aH so 20 mins sounds about
right. 4aH is probably the 10 hour rate or something like that.

Usually the plastic bits overheat and melt if they're left on for that long.

rusty