"kip" wrote in message
.. .
Sounds like the AC input choke is
singing just like the Mits use to do.

kip
"James Sweet" wrote in message
news:jvl9e.23056$Zn3.22639@trnddc02...

If this was the case would the hissing stop as it is powered on? I'm

by
far
no expert, just some guy trying to learn a thing or two..

Quite likely, when it's turned on the power consumption rises
dramatically,
does it have a standby mode when it's "off"?

Replaced the larger AC choke and it made no difference--still the
hissing/squealing with power off. And yes it does go into a standby mode
where it will show a "no input signal" that moves slowly around the screen.
I noticed there is a smaller choke in there as well but i don't have a
replacement handy for this so any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!