nlbauers

Hi Andy and Dave,

I am attempting to make a chair out of a single continuous piece of
bent plywood. The first photo at this link gives an idea of what I
mean:

http://www.design-technology.org/alvar1.htm

I also thought that CFM was an odd metric to use for this, here is the
link to information I found about the required CFM:

http://www.joewoodworker.com/veneering/vacuumpumps.htm

I am trying to find a device for clamping the wood to the form while
letting the glue dry. Seems to me that a vacuum press would produce
more consistent even pressure all around and give better results.

I believe that I am going to need a press that has some power to pull
the wood to the form, since the wood will need to be coerced into this
form. Getting all this in a bag and then trying to clamp it with only
enough power to hold it in place may be a futile effort. Let me know
what you guys think.

Neil