Norman D. Crow

"DIYGUY" wrote in message
Bought my new toys - a PC air compressor and a brad nailer. Now I need to
buy an air hose. So many choices! What is a man to do? Pliovic, Ortac,
Neoprene and more. Who knew air hoses could be so varied. Will someone
please help me choose? I know the prices range from modest to wow! I
have a small shop and am thinking 25' will do me just fine, but if there
is any reason to consider 50' please share it. Thanks all ..

My $.25 . . . I have 3 of the 50' red rubber hoses, and one blue plastic one
from HD. I have a fitting plumbed to the outside near the driveway so I can
plug a hose in, rather than run it through a hole in the wall. The blue one
from HD, after being left plugged in, started swelling like a bad sausage.
Apparently the inner liner is not air tight, and some leaks out under the
outer cover. This has never occurred with any of the rubber hoses. I also
have to agree with the other posts, that the rubber hoses lay down much
better, the plastic doesn't uncoil or lay down as nicely, is a little
stiffer to work with(except on a very warm sunny day). My personal opinion,
FWIW, is go with the good rubber hoses.

--
Nahmie