Leo Lichtman

"Bjarte Runderheim" wrote: I often end up with the need to finish
spindleturnings after they are parted off,(clip)
I have two solutions which I use from time to time. One is to hold the work
in a chuck, and use a steadyrest for the "tailstock" end. Doing that, you
can actually turn any shape you want on the end--a ball, a point,a finial.

I also have a Morse taper on which I have installed a ball bearing. I can
turn a wasteblock of hardwood that presses on the ball bearing, and is
shaped to hold the tailstock end of the work. It works fine, as long as I
take light cuts.