George

"Bjarte Runderheim" wrote in message
I often end up with the need to finish spindleturnings after they are
parted off, and sometimes pointed, so it is impossible to use my
regular livecenter.

I have tried to make some accessory to fit my livecenter like a
cup with an internal cone, but I can not seem to make it good enough
to avoid some shakes and vibes.

Can anyone give me some advice as to what is out there, in the
form of readymade cupcenters?

It would need to be fairly heavy duty. I do not want aluminum.

Not sure what you'd gain from a cup center. Are you already using a chuck
on the other end? That's what I do when I am parting to null at the
tailstock end. That, and a steady would be the best, as I see it. Part to
~ 1/4" and then trim with a knife.

My Nova allows fitting any shape wooden piece at the tail end with a bolt
through it, but I tend to use it in a "male" configuration for holding
center on hollowed goblets and such. I have a cup design for inside-out
turning, but normally I just leave a bit of extra wood when I know I'll have
to part a spindle. They also make a metal cup, but that's used pretty much
the same as my wooden ones..