Andy Hall

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:29:03 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:05:46 +0100, "Mike" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

Do you know why wedding dresses are white, Mary?

Well.... I was told that it was to match the other domestic
appliances.

Poggenpau did something like that in a magazine advert about twenty years
ago. Rumour is sales plummetted.

I suppose that was before we had the political correctness of the
Advertising Standards Authority.

Nowadays one can't even have Roger More posters.

Who's Roger More and does he wear a wedding dress?

Mary

It's a play on words, Mary.

Roger Moore played James Bond in some of the films

The marketing pundits at SSL International, makers of the leading
brand of French Letter, made a parody of this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3046247.stm

("Roger" being a quaint old term for.... well.... you know....)

The particular product advertised, Performa, has a small amount of a
mild anaesthetic inside, intended to reduce the man's sensitivity and
thus prolong the aforesaidmentioned "Roger".

Anyway, the ASA took a different view and made them take the posters
down because it was deemed to be in bad taste.

I think that they should focus their attention on British Gas who have
used advertising with their heating contract service operation made to
look like a 999 operation. In my experience, it's more like a 404.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl