bw

"B.B." u wrote in message
news
My mom discovered two of these and gave them to me. Yay! Anyway,
one has some extremely old oil inside that's turned pretty much into
tar. What's the recommended way to get that crap out?
It also looks like it had a gasket inside of a lip around the base of
the screw-in spout. What's an acceptable substitute for that? Cereal
box?

Gasoline, use with care.
Cut the gasket out of anything you find that you think will work. Can still
get all kinds of gasket material, check auto parts stores, ask at an old
time outdoor equipement repair place, cut up some old neoprene kitchen
gloves, etc.