Robert Allison

DIYGUY wrote:

Bought my new toys - a PC air compressor and a brad nailer. Now I need
to buy an air hose. So many choices! What is a man to do? Pliovic,
Ortac, Neoprene and more. Who knew air hoses could be so varied. Will
someone please help me choose? I know the prices range from modest to
wow! I have a small shop and am thinking 25' will do me just fine, but
if there is any reason to consider 50' please share it. Thanks all ..

Get a good quality 1/4" 25' rubber hose. You will use this
for almost everything. It is light and flexible and easy to
move around. You will find that it is harder to find 1/4"
than the standard 3/8", but it is worth it.

Next, get 1 or even 2 of the cheap 50' orange hoses they sell
at HD or Lowes. Use the 1/4" in the shop, and when you need
to reach outside or farther, put one or both of the cheap
hoses on the compressor, then stick your 1/4" on at the
business end if you are going to be working for awhile. You
get the length AND the flexibility.

I often use more than one pneumatic tool at the same time, so
I put a splitter at the compressor and I have 2 of the 1/4"
lines that I can plug in and have both tools available at all
times, without having to unplug and plug in tools. If you are
going to be doing this farther away, put the splitter in the
end of the orange hose and you can have the same multi-tool setup.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.