Dave Plowman

Default cut into joists

In article ,
dundonald wrote:
I'm laying flooring [1] in my loft. The wiring is simply thrown over
the joists rather than a hole drilled centrally through the joist and
the wiring passed through the hole. Is it good practice to cut a little
nick out of the joist, enough to lay the wiring for the flooring to
flush with the joist over the top? Is this detrimental to the structure?

You get away with it on most floor joists because they're more than
adequate. But those in roofs are often not - they're not meant to take
much weight.

--
*Many people quit looking for work when they find a job *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn