George

"Harry B. Pye" wrote in message
groups.com...

But Arch don't you realize that if enough turners applied to our

government
for grants our taxes would likely increase in order to fund the grant
program. The next thing you know, bowl turners would be applying for

grants
too. Then the guys who turn ornaments would want to get into the act. All
these requests would require additional tax increases. Then we would
probably need a cabinet level group to oversee the grants. Of course this
would no doubt cost at least triple the amount of the grants.

I think your suggestion is irresponsible and very likely to wreck what is
left of our economy.

Spoken with tongue fully imbedded in my cheek,

But with "progressive" taxation, it would only soak "the rich," who don't
pay their fair share anyway. I stand ready as a bowl and ornament lover to
take up boxes if I can, by that means, become an agent for soaking those
undeserving b*stards.

Uh-oh, wait a minute.

It's folks with money that buy my stuff now. Never mind that redistribution
scheme my evil twin mentioned....