On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:01:38 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Oil of wintergreen? Ive never heard of that trick before. Thanks!

Gunner

Had an old swather sitting in the orchard behind the shop back in the
sixties - had a Wisconsin VG4D on it, sized tighter than all getout
(water got in through the rusted out muffler).
The boss decided it was time to get it running, and that's what we
used. Three days, IIRC, and I was able to break it loose with the
crank and a 3 ft piece of water pipe. Then we added more oil and
worked it back and forth untill it turned smoothly. That old critter
always did smoke a bit after that - but most old VG4's smoked a bit
anyway - like an old Lycoming or Conti. Three years later it was still
running.
Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"