Abrasha

Ignoramus25521 wrote:
A guy is offering his Clausing mdl 008530 s/n 009852 mill, and a
clausing lathe for sale for $850. I am wondering if it is a fair
price. I will probably sell the mill and keep the lathe. It is a
garage sale type of deal.

Fair? That's a fantastic deal. Grab it, ... fast!

I have the 8520. Paid $1,600.00 for it, and that was a good deal as far as i
was concerned.

The mill is about 6" tall and very heavy.

It is not heavy at all.

I would like to know how
much it weighs.

A few hundred pounds.

The lathe is small, about 2' between centers, but has
power feed (so does the mill). Everything seems to work and there is
no excessive wear and no play.

Do you even know how lucky you are?

Also, I am not sure how to transport this stuff, the lathe is easy,
but the mill is going to be difficult.

No, not difficult at all. The mill comes apart very easily in about 6 to 7
parts. It can then easily be transported in the back of a pick up. And
reassembled in the new shop.

Good luck.

--
Abrasha