Martin Angove

In message ,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"Martin Angove" wrote in message

snip

The only sensible way to clean the floor is "wet"

No it isn't. We have filthy boots bringing in mud and chicken **** from the
garden, I'm not careful when cooking and baking (daily) and am always
dropping stuff - including grease- on the floor. and we have frequent visits
from children of all ages. Sometiomes I decide to clean the floor, I sweep
with a handbrush (the kitchen has lots of awkward intrusions) or a long
handled broom in the sitting room then simply wipe over with a damp cloth.
You NEVER need to wet the surface. Even dried on blood can be wiped off
easily. Might take bit more effort than a beer spill but it's not onerous -
believe me, I'm not a cleaning freak.

Goodness! I've yet to see the brush which will clean off wet mud without
smearing it all over the place :-)

Actually your method doesn't sound too different to our normal one;
brush then wipe with a damp cloth, but I still counter that some dirt
doesn't respond well to this unless you sit there scratching with your
nails at every bit of dried-on muck. This can take quite some time. I
don't envy you your beeswax.

In our last house we had quarry tiles in the kitchen. Death to dropped
plates, but much easier to clean. If a brush didn't get it off, out with
the wet mop & Flash, a quick slosh over and most things lift off. It's
the water which does it, you see, especially for something which has
dried on. Leave the back door open for a few minutes to help the drying
and all finished. Our second method for laminate isn't as wet as that
(we aren't that brave), but it is a little more than "damp".

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... Where we operate at a 90ø angle to reality