Rich Grise

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:18:03 +0000, Kryten wrote:
"Winfield Hill" -edu wrote in

I have datasheets for Toshiba's TCD5301 (492v x 682h), TCD5311
(582x681) and TCD5340 (492x1163) CCD interline color image sensors, in
case the info in one of these '53xx-series datasheets might be of some
relevance. I also have a datasheet for their TCD5481 614x858 sensor.

While we are talking CCD sensors, any recommendations for ones that are
readily and reliably available at affordable prices?

I just want a linear sensor to scan paper whizzing past.

Pulling a CCD out of an old flatbed scanner
may be cheaper and quicker than getting new samples,
but means hunting for a data sheet. (Bad Toshiba again?).

I wonder if a PC scanner might have more pixels than I want, but then again
I can always merge adjacent pixels together to lower the resolution.

I have an "IBM ADF Color Scanner" with an ISA card for an interface, which
makes it useless, even though it was working last time I had an ISA comp.

Here's some snaps:
http://www.neodruid.net/images/IBM-Scanner.jpg
http://www.neodruid.net/images/IBM-Scanner-label.jpg
http://www.neodruid.net/images/IBM-Scanner-card.jpg

It's sheet-feed, if that's not clear from the pix.

It was about $75.00 about ten years ago; it's in Whittier, CA, USA, so if
you're not withing driving distance I'd have to ship it, which I'd want
you to pay for, and maybe a few bucks for my time.

Let me know - you could email me at , except that
that's a spam dump; but I have a real email at the same server: simply
elide 'ard'.

Cheers!
Rich