Upscale

"Doug Miller" wrote in message news:1Zr9e.182

Activated charcoal is your best bet. Any pet store will have that - it's

used
in aquarium filters. It isn't cheap, though. Regular charcoal briquettes

work,
too, but not as well as activated charcoal. (If you use briquettes, make

sure
*not* to get the kind that are pre-saturated with lighter fluid.)

Haven't tried it out, but I've seen a number of TV ads recommending an open
box of baking soda in the refrigerator to remove odours. Wonder if it might
help the same way with the stain/varnish odour. One other thing I've done to
remove odours in an enclosed location is to put in a scented dryer sheet.
Works great.