MM

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:29:47 +0100, Mark Carver
wrote:

We've just had a laminate floor laid, and very nice it is too.

I've done a Google search in this group, and more generally in Usenet
but there doesn't seem to be a definitive guide to the best cleaning
methods/products/practice.

Can someone prove me wrong ?

Just don't use floor polish, otherwise you stand a good chance of
breaking your neck if walking about in socks. I made that mistake.

I just sweep/vacuum, then wipe over with a damp cloth and a bit of
Flash or equivalent. Laminate is far better than carpet even when it's
got a few grubby areas. My new house has this almost white carpet
throughout and I can't wait for it to become ruined so that I have an
excuse to replace it with laminate. It's an absolute bugger to keep
clean. I can only suppose those people whose carpets always appear
spotless hardly move about in their houses and always religiously
remove shoes and don slippers. Pain in the friggin' Arsenal, carpets
are, if you ask me.

MM