Bob S.

I was wondering this ant problem is a wake up call for a more regular
preventive maintenance! At what age of the house do we start

evaluating
for termite prevention? Since our house is four years old, can we

rely
on the pest control guys for few more years or should we start

thinking
about termite prevention?

We live in the south. so the temperatures are pretty mild in winter

and
hot in summer.

Thanks.

Years back, termite protection (Chlordane)lasted about 30 years. Then
the government got involved, took it off the market, and the
replacement (Dursban) lasted 5-7 years. Now it has been banned also,
and the new product "might" last 2-3 years. Unless you're very
knowledgeable about pesticides and their application, I would suggest a
yearly application by your local pest control folks.

Bob S.