Default Termite preventive maintenance

Our house is four years old. We have tubes in the wall and every three
months pest control company comes and sprays inside the walls through
those tubes. Recently we've been seeing ants in the kitchen and in
master bath. In the past four years we havent' re-caulked those areas.
Only after seeing ants I recaulked the shower area and kitchen.

I was wondering this ant problem is a wake up call for a more regular
preventive maintenance! At what age of the house do we start evaluating
for termite prevention? Since our house is four years old, can we rely
on the pest control guys for few more years or should we start thinking
about termite prevention?

We live in the south. so the temperatures are pretty mild in winter and
hot in summer.

Thanks.