j walker

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:12:13 -0500, Duane Bozarth
wrote:

j walker wrote:

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 21:47:14 -0500, j walker wrote:

I am beginning to wish I hadn't asked the original question. Somebody
out there needs to quit reading between the lines and assuming what
they don't know.

Well, you see what frequently (usually?) happens on usenet...

What fun would it be if there weren't anybody around guessing? But, it
is a two-way street--the info one gets usually can only be as good as
the info regarding the question supplied. W/ a general description, the
imagination of respondents is unfettered, and as you note, there are
some who will attempt to make the most dire prediction they can imagine.

If you happen back by one more time, where are you farming and what
type?

I'm in SW KS on dryland wheat/milo raising feeder calves over the winter
for the feedlots...and wishing we'd get some of the rain that's been
scattered around but missed us (but don't need the 2" diam hail that
covered the ground in N central part of the state last night)

We have a small cow-calf operation down in AL and we could probably
spare some rain for you. We are approaching 6 days without rain. It
was in January the last time that happened. The pasture is beginning
to dry out and the grass toughen up some which the cows will like
better. I am still feeding some hay and usually we are finished by
March 10.

Sold some calves last week and prices are still good so I certainly
can't complain. Slaughter cows are higher than we have ever seen.