Guess who

On 19 Apr 2005 08:46:56 -0700, "ben" wrote:

I was interested in building this:
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/Brave-Space_big.jpg

Is there a system like the methods IKEA uses available in hardware
stores?

I don't know what they look like, but if you insist on not formingthe
pieces by glueing the miters, you might also consider a sort of
finger-joint [like a hinge] snugly pivoted with a non-rusting metal
dowel. I'd consider a system of non-intrusive dowels top and bottom of
pieces that fit together one on top of the other, sort of pins that
don't go all the way through, but will stop it sliding back and forth
as if weight wasn't enough?

Some of the shapes remind me of an old puzzle that pieced together to
form a checkerboard.