Mike Henry

"Richard" wrote in message
Mike Henry wrote:
If you've ever cut plastic or thin metal with it, I'd appreciate a
recommendation on saw blades. At present, I'm thinking of buying one or
two Tenryu blades, assuming that I can get them to fit. BTW, what size
blades does your Trim-O-Saw take?

Mike

My saw takes a 7" blade, 40 tooth carbide. A special blade for this saw,
the blade slips on a 3/4" shaft and is held on with 3 screws, it has 3
3/4" holes in it for 3 cutting to poke thur for smoothing the lead type.

Thanks for the info. I think that this one originally had the same
arrangment. The seller included a couple of blades which some idiot left
behind when the saw was picked up and it looks like it the blade mounted on
a disk with 3 bolts. It looks like this one has a 5/8" arbor so it may be
possible to install standard blades on it.

BTW, there was an article in one of the WW magazines about modifying the
Trim-O-Saw. The OWWM site has it in their archives, I think.

I'd like to see pictures of your saw, especially closeups of the sliding
table/ways, fence, and blade mounting. Posting them here would not be a
good idea, but email or uploading them to your web site would be nice.

Nice web site, BTW. It looks like you do Good Work.

Mike