Ernie Leimkuhler

In article . net,
Peter Grey wrote:

"Jeff Dantzler" wrote in message
news:1113934293.330029@yasure...

Nothing touches this grinder except my tungstens. If I have a blob
of metal contaminating the tunsten, that gets ground off on the
belt grinder first. Belt grinder is also great for roughing the
point in.

I've been using the belt sander that I use for everything else for
sharpening my tungstens. I'm relatively new to welding and have been
wondering what I've been missing by not having a dedicated grinder for
tungstens. How would I see the difference between using the belt sander and
the system you describe?

Peter

I use my Burr King belt grinder for roughing and a 6" diamond wheel for
finishing.