Ernie Leimkuhler

In article , Lane wrote:

Grant
Here is the web page
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...26&cat=1,43072

If you go down to the list of the three models, you'll see that the 1/2" one
has "Instr" that you can click on to see the instructions. It's basically
two screws with washers that you move to balance the wheel. Pretty neat
idea. Too bad it costs so much. The balancing arbor would be easy for anyone
to make up. But the part that attaches to the grinding wheel itself would be
another matter.

Lane

So to make one you just need a milling machine, small T-slot cutter big
enough for a 1/4-28 nut, and a rotary table.

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
Jeff, can you tell us some more about this balancing system? How does it
work?

Grant

The one special thing I did on this grinder was to install one of
those "one-way" balancing systems that Lee Valley sells. It was
expensive, but I can balance a nickel on the grinder while I turn
it on and its still there after the wheels stop turning. This along
with a good dressing wheel makes it easier to grind tunstens.

Jeff Dantzler
Seattle, WA