w_tom

More often the noise is not where wheels contact the track.
More often, the noise is rusting ball bearings. Any use of
lithium grease must be in the bearings - not on the wheel
surface. This is also true of the wheel that carries cable
from counter weight spin to bottom of door. This wheel's
bearings also require a good grease such as lithium.

Also balancing the counterweight springs so that the door
does not 'skew' will help. Be careful. Those springs can
contain a surprisingly large amount of force.

JackRabbit wrote:
Hello,
My garage door is squeaking in the tracks. I tried lithium grease,
but it did not work. It collects too much dust. What do you guys
use ??
Thanks.