Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
My furnace turns on even when the house is warm! I supposedly have on
demand hot water so I thought that unless it was cold or something was
using the hot water the furnace shouldn't run. What am I missing?
Sorry for my stupidity on the subject....I've always heated with
electric or a monitor before.

As always.....thanks for the help. I'd be lost without this group!!!!

Furnace of boiler? Furnaces heat air, boilers heat water.

In a system that both heats the house and hot water, it maintains a
reservoir of hot water ready for use. If that water cools down too far, the
boiler burner will start and bring it back to temperature. There is a
differential setting for that also.

You want to be sure you don't have water circulating from the natural
tendency of heat rising in the pipes also.