TonyK

wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone offer any advice on starting a bathroom?

The entire lot [toilet, sink and bath] are being ripped out so that the
floor can be replaced as it is chipboard and going soft in some places
(this is probably because the lino was never sealed properly).

Once the floor is down I plan to start fitting a new sink, toilet and
bath. Should they be done in any specific order? I guessing bath first
makes a lot of sense...

Also, I want to put down some secondhand laminate flooring in the
bathroom that came out of our old kitchen - I have no idea how to fit
laminate! Any suggestions?

Any advice very much appreciated from novice DIYer

1) Keep wastes and feed in the same location, don't try to move anything
around unless you really need/want to.

2) Use flexi tap connectors to allow for slight changes in position on feeds
to sink/loo/bath

3) Do not use laminate in a bathroom (warp, peel, lift etc etc)

4) When removing old fittings keep pipes as long as possible and fit
isolator valves to everything, ie. 2x15mm for sink, 2x22mm for bath and
1x15mm for loo.

5) Tape a poly bags over the waste pipes

6) Rough fir everyting first and check for silly mistakes like loo seats
catching on towel rails etc

7) Fit the toilet first.