T i m

On 19 Apr 2005 05:35:25 -0700, "Alan"
wrote:

Hi,

the TC300 is a belt drive machine.
I'm assuming that you would have noticed if the belt was broken or
shredded.

Spooky .. I 'refurbished' Mums TC300 today!

It started with 'can you fit the new blade for me' the other day (and
I did) and she later that day did the back lawn then halfway through
the front lawn it 'stopped'.

A quick look today showed a partly shredded drive belt that had jumped
off the motor spindle and done some damage to the main body and the
bottom of the main turbo fan impleller.

I cleaned the whole thing up, fitted a new belt (8 quid?) and put it
back together and I have a happy Mum again ;-)

Looking closely at the poly 'V' belt it looks like it has been running
for some time with one 'V' hanging over the end of the drive pulley?

All the best ..

T i m