Larry Jaques

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:44:56 GMT, the inscrutable "dadiOH"
spake:

ben wrote:
None of the borg stores seem to have them... and I'd rather use
someone else anyway.

What's a good brand/store for pipe clamps? Online or in NYC.

Apparently, other responders don't like cheap clamps. I do, have had
zero problems with any from Harbor Freight, like them as well or better
than the Pony clams I have.

I made a comment a few years back about the cheap clamps I bought
from HF. I thought they were HF because it took a dozen runs through
to get the threads cleaned up enough to work without binding each
rotation. That's PFTC for cheapies. Then one day I noticed the name on
the side of one and was surprised. It was a Pony. AFAIC, there is no
difference between Pony and generic Chiwanese clamps nowadays.

Don't forget you have to buy pipe too. And have at least one end
threaded.

BUT, if you get both ends threaded (and keep them safe) you can join
pairs of them together to make very long clamps.

Most of mine are for 3/4" pipe. Mistake, IMO, as 1/2" is entirely
adequate for what I do and are world's lighter.

Ditto here. I'm buying all half-inchers from now on.

Save the Whales + http://www.diversify.com
Collect the whole set! + Website design and graphics