Dave Hall

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:44:56 GMT, "dadiOH" wrote:

ben wrote:
None of the borg stores seem to have them... and I'd rather use
someone else anyway.

What's a good brand/store for pipe clamps? Online or in NYC.

Apparently, other responders don't like cheap clamps. I do, have had
zero problems with any from Harbor Freight, like them as well or better
than the Pony clams I have.

Don't forget you have to buy pipe too. And have at least one end
threaded.

Most of mine are for 3/4" pipe. Mistake, IMO, as 1/2" is entirely
adequate for what I do and are world's lighter.

I agree. I have a number of different pipe clamps and the HF are as
good as any (I don't have the new Rocklers though). I disagree on the
1/2" pipe clamps though. They are not as nice and just about as
expensive. If I were going to pay $12 a set for pipe clamps plus the
pipes, I think I would just go ahead and buy the cabinet clamps...

Seriously though, the HFs, on sale all the time for maybe $3 or $4,
are fine for pipe clamps. I always get my pipe threaded on both ends
as the real value of a pipe clamp is the ability to make it as long as
you want by adding sections of pipe.

Dave Hall