Dave Jackson

Are you making a life-size game of tetris?

I can't think of anything that would keep a miter strong, yet be able to
knock down. I recently built a small knock down shelving unit (butt joints)
for a customer and used these KD ones from Rockler (as others have
suggested)
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...?sku=2334&cs=1
They were plenty sturdy. I also grabbed the jig, it sped things up a
bit. --dave

"ben" wrote in message
ps.com...
I was interested in building this:
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/Brave-Space_big.jpg

I've read up on miter joints but was wondering if anyone had
suggestions on how to create a miter joint that is easy to assemble and
disassemble. Everything I've read on strengthening miter joints (and
miter joints in general) involves glue.

If a miter joint isn't the way to go can someone suggest and easy to
assemble and disassemble joing for a project like this?

Is there a system like the methods IKEA uses available in hardware
stores? I'm looking for something like IKEA joints for miter joints.
I tried to find a link to IKEA joints with no luck. The joints I'm
talking about have metal piece you screw into one side and a rotating
latching mechanism that captures the metal piece on the other side.

Suggestions?

-ben