Tom Horne

Jag Man wrote:
Thnaks, Rich. I've used the Al/Cu Ideal connectors. I believe the tool
is so
expensive even the electricians don't have them. Correct me if I'm
wrong.

See my reply to Speedy Jim.

"Rich256" wrote in message

There are AL/CU twist connectors (Ideal #65)
http://www.inspect-ny.com/aluminum/pl2p12b.htm

However, the recommended fix is a spice that requires a special

tool:

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml03/03120.html

It is not the cost of the tool but rather that the crimps are only sold
to contractors who have been certified in the application. If you have
not been certified by the manufacturer you cannot obtain the listed
crimps that are suitable for making aluminum to copper splices.
--
Tom H