Mr Jingles Mr Jingles is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Can anyone offer any advice on starting a bathroom?

The entire lot [toilet, sink and bath] are being ripped out so that the
floor can be replaced as it is chipboard and going soft in some places
(this is probably because the lino was never sealed properly).

Once the floor is down I plan to start fitting a new sink, toilet and
bath. Should they be done in any specific order? I guessing bath first
makes a lot of sense...

Also, I want to put down some secondhand laminate flooring in the
bathroom that came out of our old kitchen - I have no idea how to fit
laminate! Any suggestions?

Any advice very much appreciated from novice DIYer
Hello
First of All
Plan an Think ahead ,
I will give you this site to look at ...
http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/bathroom.htm

heres a few tips of my own

The floor is it to be tiled ,lino,carpet ?
whichever I would recommend you rip up the chipboard flooring straight away ,have a look at the joists if they are dry an look ok ,a couple of coats of timber Wood Preservative is a must ,

http://www.greenfingers.com/supersto...dept_id=200386

what you should do then is lay 18mm Exterior WBP Plywood sheeting (its waterproof ), screw the ceramic 40mm screws along the runs of the joists...

if you have any problems post here an I will try to help

Mr Jingles