Bob Eager

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:46:23 UTC, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

Yes, but we were talking about the postcode predictor were we not?, and
that is inherently inaccurate because a postcode can cover quite a large
area.

Hmmm. I suspect it is rare for a postcode to cover more than a small street
or a row of houses on a large one. I would think it particularly unusual to
cover a wide range of elevations, unless the street is extremely steep.

I agree. However, I wonder if they actually 'group' postcodes. My street
is pretty well flat, and yet the DTG predictor definitely 'chooses' the
wrong transmitter; I'm pretty sure that it's considering a lot of
adjacent postcodes too.

http://www.diybanter.com