Dave Jackson

I certainly was raised with manners, however, in exchange for a formal
"thank you" I'd gladly accept the poster of the question I answered sharing
their project on abpw with comments about which method worked the best for
them. I'd say most newbie projects are, or at least partially, the result
of a "team effort" of ideas instilled in them by a number of more
experienced woodworkers in this group. The best "thanks" a person could
give me personally is by helping fellow wood workers acheive their goals by
offering their knowledge when the time arises. Simply thanking someone
doesn't keep the knowledge moving. However, if one felt the need to thank
the group, maybe do it in a follow up post of what method worked the best
and why, therefore returning something to the group.
--dave

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"David" wrote in message

Max D. These golden words of wisdom are offered freely and without
any expectation of recompense or gratitude.

Thanks for taking the time to do it though. We really appreciate it. Well,
I do, anyway, I should not speak for others here. They should take the
time to thank you individually. I know you expected no recompense, but
the fact is, you took the time. Not everyone on USENET bothers to take
that time to help others. You did and should be thanked. Just a guess,
but if everyone took the time to properly thank you, motivation to help
others would be increased and the kindness would spread. The internet
would be a kinder and gentler place and you would be able to take credit
for it. Not that you would since you are a humble person, but deep down,
we know it was you and you do deserve the credit.

Well, got to go now. The dog is here looking for another biscuit.

Thanks again. I appreciate it. Your words will live on forever in Google
archives.

Damn, that dog is a PITA and is really waiting for the biscuit.