T i m

Default HD foam for laptop case?

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:44:42 +0100, "nightjar"

Erm, the 'reason' I'm looking for a new laptop case (for my new
laptop) is because the last laptop got broken when it fell of a stool
whilst in an expensive Tosiba (soft) padded case?

This is a d-i-y group. You should have found a really strong case and

built
yourself a new computer inside that.

True ... well I repaired the 'damaged' one myself and I was
considering converting an existing hard briefcase to fit new laptop?
Still sounds pretty d-i-y to me ;-)

Tell you what Colin, I'll built the case if you tell me the size of
the laptop *you* are going to build for me! ;-)

My current home-build computer project stands 2m tall and weighs in at over
a quarter of a tonne - 80kgs of that in the 6kVA battery backup system
alone.

Oh-my-gawd! Thet do d-i-y Cray kits now do they? ;-)

If I tried building a laptop, it would probably give the owner a
hernia trying to lift it.

Ok then Colin .. I'll pass thanks ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. I did buy a PDP 11 once ... fun getting that lot (CPU rack,
lineprinter, 2 x Decwriters, 2 disk drives + 20 disk packs and 10
VT100's .. ) home ;-)