Brian

JeffB wrote:
Brian wrote:

I've been given an early 1950s Craftsman/Emerson Electric Co.

Model# 113
27520 table saw. It runs, but the cranks are broken, it has no

stand and the
table is a little on the small side. What can I do to increase the

table
size,

You can build side and outfeed table extensions, or extension wings

may still be
available. Your model number turns up parts listings at the Sears

parts ordering
page.

and will a newer Craftsman stand work with such an old saw?

Not likely.

Where can I find replacement cranks?

Through Sears parts - on mine the handwheels were there, but not the

crank
handles. Instead of buying replacements, I made a little handle - 1"

dowel about
6" long with a 1/4" metal rod epoxied into the end:
__________________
| |____
| ____|
|__________________|

much cheaper.

Is it worth anything if I try to sell it to get a newer saw? I

really only
use it for construction projects, ripping trim molding and

playwood, that
kind of thing.

Thanks- Brian

If it works, you're better off keeping it - I don't think it would

sell for
much. The castings were heavy duty back then. If the bearings are

worn, they can
be replaced. I got a better miter gauge and fence, though. There are

a couple
pictures of mine at

http://home.san.rr.com/jeffnann/Wood...odWorking.html
--
JeffB
remove no.spam. to email

Thanks JeffB, what you've done with your saw is very impressive! If
it's not too much trouble can you take a couple detailed pictures of
the saw and email them to me? That fence system looks great; where did
you get it?

Thanks-
Brian